|Political Blockheads Glossary Page|
Variant(s): or gran·nie /'gra-nE/
Inflected Form(s): plural grannies
Etymology: by shortening & alteration
Inflected Form(s): plural mammies
Etymology: alteration of mamma
1 : MAMA (Mother)
2 : a black woman serving as a nurse to white children especially formerly in the southern U.S.
|Pappy: There is only ONE pappy. Hub City Pappy. Owner of Hub City Glass, one of the Political Blockheads greatest benefactors.|
|Grannysmack: Receiving a blow to the face from a Granny. See "Granny" for more information.|
1) Common nickname for a central metropolitan city. (i.e.: Compton, CA, Hub City, WI, Hagerstown, MD, New Brunswick, NJ, etc.)
2) Capitalist benefactor to the Political Blockheads
Since most people want to know more about music with some connection to "Hub City," we provide a link to The Hub City Stompers here.
Image copyright The Hub City Stompers
|Linda Lu: Fictional character in the Political Blockheads Mythology. No relation to Randy Mentzer's mother. None at all.|
A large politician that is after your goat, or other precious commodities.
Captain Joseph Hazelwood:
Truly the "Great White Hunter" of the Political Whale, Captain Hazelwood has long been a misunderstood figure in modern history. He not only succeeded in the most daring "Robin Hood" redistributions of wealth in history by releasing millions of gallons of petroleum to the general public, but any seafaring Boris Yeltsin's or Ted Kennedy's would have had their lily white bodies coated with precious crude. Alas, they were no where near Alaska at the time.
His name will forevermore be honored and celebrated by Pirates throughout the globe.
1) The merry ship piloted by Captain Hazelwood that attempted to bury its precious booty on Bligh Island Reef
2) A speech by the Political Blockheads which finally answers the proverbial question: Is U.S. Energy Policy actually managed by Pirates?
|Neil Bush: A former member of the board of directors of Denver-based Silverado Savings and Loan during the 1980s' Savings and Loan crisis which eventually cost taxpayers $1.3 billion.|
Switzerland: Where all the money went... and keeps going, and going, and going...
Click the flag for an alphabetical list of Swiss Banks -->
Camel Feet: A dish sometimes accidentally served to
ambassadors who do not speak the language. Camels have broad, flat,
leathery pads with two toes on each foot. When the camel places its foot on the
ground the pads spread, preventing the foot from sinking into the sand. When
walking, the camel moves both feet on one side of its body, then both feet on
the other. This gait suggests the rolling motion of a boat, explaining the
camel's 'ship of the desert' nickname.
Not to be confused with "Camel Toe."
|1) One employed or skilled in diplomacy. Not in any way a reference to our ex-manager, Jeff Campbell.|
|2) A character from Blockheads mythology - A Capitalist. See Diplomat Mythology section for more information.|
|Thistle with the Prickle: An inedible hors d'oeuvre that resembles a pickle somewhat, served by the Apple Strudel Lady to the gullible. (See thistle bud)|
|Frank: A Cuban Communist.|
"Seetuaytun Az Change:" A reason to not surrender power after a
Cuba: It is not only the last amusing communist nation in the Western Hemisphere, but it is also home to the now imfamous Guantanamo Bay Naval Base of the United States!
Pronunciation: "re-fyu-'jE, 're-fyu-"
Etymology: French réfugié, past participle of (se) réfugier to take refuge, from Latin refugium
: one that flees; especially a person who flees to a foreign country or power to escape danger or persecution
- ref·u·gee·ism /-"i-z&m/ noun
Refugee Ronnie Biggs at home in Brazil
|Beagles: Hunting dogs made popular by Snoopy. An unattractive nurse at a Free Clinic.|
|Blair Witch II: A documentary film about real events in the town of Burkittsville, Maryand, not far from Washington DC that nearly killed Bruce Reed, blockheads bass player / sax player. Luckily Andrea Cox (his ex-wife now) was there to support him and protect him from inarticulate male nurses of questionable motivation (she also played keyboards in Free Clinic).|
1) Any of several large shaggy-maned usually gregarious nearly extinct bovine mammals having a large head with short horns... Not in any way a reference to Wayne's brother "Sudsy Wudsy".
2) A Communist. See the Bison Mythology section for more information.
All Mighty Bicuspidor: A nickname for The Bison.
Molar Marauder: Another nickname for The Bison.
Function: noun plural
Date: 14th century
: Word meaning Victuals:
|Etymology: alteration of Middle English vitaille, from Middle French, from Late Latin victualia, plural, provisions, victuals, from neuter plural of victualis of nourishment, from Latin victus nourishment, way of living, from vivere to live.|
Singular: Phacochoerus aethiopicus
Plural: A former professional indoor soccer team from Washington, DC, and in no way related to Capitol Hill Lobbyists. An animal who cannot eat its vittles politely.
Belt Sander: A tool more effective than the .357 magnum for removing
your granny's face when she eats her vittles like Phacochoerus
|MX Mistletoe: Something no one wants to kiss under at Christmas. Not even a Political Christmas.|
"You're Cuter With a Gun Than Patty Hearst:"
|Sadomasochist Fascist: See above.|
|The Dog: A highly variable domestic mammal closely related to the common wolf; usually carnivorous. Also the official mascot of the Political Blockheads. A Fascist. See the Dog Mythology section for more information.|
|Shrub: A small, tree-like plant. A good disguise for a Greenpeace Radical when at the Sierra Club.|
Termites: Not very filling but wiggly: Useful
when there is no bread for the toaster. Not recommended to feed an entire
family. Motivation for South china Sea Spleen to elevate economic
Termites are social insects that live in colonies. The colonies are composed of kings, queens and soldiers. There is no worker caste as in subterranean colonies. The work is performed by immature termites before they become adults. King and queen termites perform the reproductive functions of the colony. They are light to dark brown and one-third to one inch in length. Soldiers guard the colony against invaders such as ants. They are white and wingless with large brownish heads and jaws. The white and wingless nymphs (immature termites) are the most numerous caste. The soldiers and nymphs remain inside the wood at all times.
|Organic Car: A short-lived vehicle that ran out of carrots and was unable to travel long distances.|
|Carrot: Fuel for an organic car. Has other uses as well.|
|Potato: A word that Dan Quayle enjoyed spelling with an "e" on the end. It is also used by semi-radical anti-modern civilization anarchists for energy as a battery power source. (However, those that do are often ridiculed by purist-radical anti-modern civilization anarchists for being interested in any device that would need electrical power to begin with.)|
|Vest Potato: A mythical vegetable created from a sleeveless article of clothing. Considered a mistake by some, a work of genius by others|
Sierra Club: |
1) The oldest and largest grassroots environmental organization in the United States; founded on May 28, 1892 in San Francisco, California by the well-known conservationist and preservationist John Muir.
2) A left-wing, environmental advocacy group which can be infiltrated by outsiders, provided they arrive disguised as shrubbery. (We are not implying that Neil Bush, or anyone in the Bush family, ever did this. Honestly.)
Malaysian Skunk Deer: An animal so rare that it didn't even appear on
the CD release of Green Peace Radical. You don't see too many of them 'round
here! Some scientists think that their population has been adversely impacted
by Vest Potatoes....
|Editor's Note: This entry is included as apocrypha. When the glossary was first published in 2000, the CD release of "Green Peace Radical" HAD NOT YET HAPPENED. This editor must conclude that a disruption took place in the space/time continuum allowing John Glen to return to orbit, and altering the recorded lyrics of the song thereby restoring the Skunk Deer, and never once exceeding the speed of light. P=(V/SD)2|
|(Still No Picture Available)|
|Triangle Face: A type of facial affliction that many, including the Political Blockheads, thought to be an extreme criminal offense which should be punishable by the death of their first-born. It is little wonder the International War Rhymes Tribunal chose Judge Triangleface Grannyslap to preside over the band's 'Rhymes Against Humanity'.|
Carbon Monoxide Radical:
1. In chemistry, radicals (often referred to as free radicals) are atoms, molecules or ions with unpaired electrons on an otherwise open shell configuration. These unpaired electrons are usually highly reactive, so radicals are likely to take part in chemical reactions.
2. Carbon monoxide, with the chemical formula CO, is a colorless, odorless and tasteless, yet highly toxic gas. Its molecules consist of one carbon atom covalently bonded to one oxygen atom. One reaction in the body produces CO naturally as a breakdown of heme (which is one of hemoglobin moieties), a substrate for the enzyme heme oxygenase. The enzymatic reaction results in breakdown of heme to CO, biliverdin and Fe3+ radical. The endogenously produced CO may have important physiological roles in the body (eg as a neurotransmitter or a blood vessels relaxant). In addition CO regulates inflammatory reactions in a manner that prevents the development of several diseases such as atherosclerosis or severe malaria.
3. An environmental extremist that is not afraid to die, while at the same time wearing a gas mask to protest the fumes he recieves. (There is some suggestion that the fumes may naturally be coming from his own body, but he is convinced they are coming from Dow Chemical, Three Mile Island, etc.)
|Toaster: A valuable appliance. Useless without a place to plug it in.|
1) Short for Spleenbo, also frequently referred to as 'Spleenbo, Spy from Outer Mongolia'. He is a radical anarchist that uses disguises to disrupt other forms of government. His most recent disguise involved his work as Defense Council for the Political Blockheads during their War Rhymes Trial in Holland. See Spleenbo Mythology section for more information.
2) Also a dispensable body organ.
Here ends the Political Blockheads Glossary. If you are still confused, buy our albums. Buying them won't make you less confused, but we'll be happy.